July 18, 2009

Sizzler, Red Lobster or Daniel's Broiler?

I don't know about you, but as summer stretches on, I find it nice to have a routine. Even if it's going in for cancer treatment, I get up every day, Monday - Friday, and have to be somewhere. I get dressed, put on make up (not ALL of my make-up, just enough to look alive) and drive to the Cancer Partnership for my daily appointment. Then I walk in the door. I remember why I am there. Ick.

Most days I keep my sense of humor and think some thoughts which seem riotously funny to me. I ususally keep those thoughts to myself as I do not know where others are at emotionally. On Friday I just had to let it out. I had been reading a brochure in the waiting room and learned that the machine used to shoot radiation at me is called a Linac machine, short for "linear accellerator". I informed the technican (Adam) that I had been calling it "Ray" all along. He agreed that that was brilliant, but that he had been calling it "Sizzler". The second technician said "Why not just call it The Red Lobster", but I thought perhaps "Daniel's Broiler" would be classier. Hmm...Good Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment